Saturday, May 15, 2010

Weekend bliss!

Best part of yesterday: Easy sub assignment with students I actually subbed for long-term earlier this year. Nice to see them and be mostly happily welcomed back. =D Also, back was feeling MUCH better for most of yesterday until spending 6+ hours playing poker. BUT I came in 2nd in two of the 3 games (and hubby won the 3rd)! That's actually really good for me, haha.

Best part of today: Playing on Polyvore while resting my slightly-recessed back, then going to the new Dave and Buster's with friends. I will admit, initially I was annoyed as heck about the wait for food service (2 FLIPPLIN' HOURS!), and we chose to go play games instead - and almost every game had a wait, so I started out a little grumpy. BUT the wait wasn't too long, and we started with one of my favorite (shooting hoops challenge), which immediately lifted my mood and I had a better attitude. We played until we were basically out of credits, then since we were hungry, we went to a nearby burger joint that Bobby and I A-DORE. Our two friends hadn't tried the place before, so it was fun to introduce them to the place (it's our typical "Oh, you haven't tried them? Let's go there!" restaurant for friends from out of town, but we'd assumed they had tried it because they live around here, haha.)

My back is mostly feeling better, so tomorrow (er, today) I'm FINALLY going to get back on track with walking Daisy for her daily loop. My back being strained again has NOT been helpful to that, and it reminds me also that I need to get back on track with watching what I eat. We had a "cheat week" that's turned into 3 weeks now. Oops. So we need to get back on track with that. =/ I'm actually looking forward to being able to take Daisy out for a nice walk together! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment