Saturday, May 1, 2010

Daily Bliss - 4/30/10

Today was a GOOD day. Granted, most of that is due to:
  • not having to work so I could focus on prepping for poker night (I felt like June Cleaver! I just needed the crinoline to wear with my one 50's-style dress, haha)
  • baking cupcakes, making homemade garlic dip (Good, but OMG GARLICKY - thank god everyone had some!), and making mini biscuit pizzas that were quite tasty!
  • The apartment being clean. Man, I love how nice a clean home is! Makes me wish I didn't just clean for company (but it also motivates me to have company over more often, lolz)
  • We had company! Bobby's friends came over, and there was lots of laughter (including a 3-minute session of friendly teasing my ninja-like poker skills - I tend to sneak up out of nowhere and win monster hands, and they were mimicking me saying things like, "Oops, did I flop a royal flush? Silly me!" You had to be there, but it was so funny my sides hurt.) Everyone seemed to have a good time, and I made sure that each of the birthday boys (we had two this week and have one next week amongst our guests tonight!) had a cupcake with a candle to blow out. It's my firm belief that everyone should hear "happy birthday" and get to blow out a candle on their birthday (or soon before/after).
All in all, a GOOD day. I love these kind of things, where the night wraps up and we're just pleasantly full of cheer after hanging with our friends and/or family. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment