Tuesday, June 15, 2010

So... monthly bliss?

I just realized I haven't posted in a month.

I kind of lost my "blissful" focus. 2 weeks of insanely busy subbing jobs (that were pretty awful more often than not), followed by 2 weeks of two different colds... the second week being the worst of the two (I'm STILL coughing and my throat is still sore)! So it's been a little difficult to be blissful.

BUT this is still a damn good idea. I'm in an interesting place right now, trying to figure out what makes me happy and what I want out of life. I'm just over a year away from the next major milestone (the big 3-0), and life has not quite worked out as I expected or hoped. So did I make the wrong plans? Or am I just taking a detour? It's all very interesting and confusing. Yay for early mid-life crises? It's certainly not blissful...

Of course, though, that's not the point of this blog: I'm trying to find bliss in general, but I want to focus on those delightful little moments of bliss that happen every day and go unnoticed by my usual negative attitude. Hence the point of it being a DAILY exercise!

That said, this is me jumping back on the horse! Official! *jumps*

So what was blissful about today?
- seeing the video of Kathy Griffin handing Elizabeth Hasselbeck's behind back to her after EH tried to call Kathy out for being a smack-talker (then went back to cowering in her corner of the couch when Kathy literally said "BRING IT"). Kathy Griffin is AWESOME.
- Daisy being so happy to get out and run around a little. She's just so dang cute, and I love seeing her happy. I imagine this is how I'll feel when I see my kids being happy, too - once I have them. ;D
- My temp job allows me to listen to my iPhone as I please while entering data, so I downloaded a few audiobooks for free from my local library. It's actually pretty AWESOME to get free audiobooks (and they have a decent selection - I need to wait for a few more popular books to become available, but what I have for now will tide me over fine), and the time flies by so much quicker. It was really nice.
- Texting back and forth with my mom today. I love feeling connected to her; I almost wish I lived closer to her (as it is, I'm only 1.5 hours away)... I do consider just moving back to my original area and getting a jobby job doing ANYTHING to afford it. Either way, it was nice, and I smiled several times today. =)

See? 4 different "blissful" things about today... and when I started that list, I was grasping at what I could write about. But once I got started, I came up with 4! THAT'S why I'm doing this; to remind myself that for all the bad I focus on, there's actually a lot of good.

So my goal is to do this at least M-Th, with weekends optional (but encouraged). I'm committed, darn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment