Monday, April 26, 2010

Daily Bliss - 4/26/10

What was blissful about today:
  • A nice, cool morning to take my dog Daisy around "the loop" we take (which means I didn't get a work call that woke me up and made me rush to get to the job). She frolicked and was adorable, and I was happy to watch her frolic.
  • I DID get a substitute job, a half-day assignment (with enough notice to still get some stuff done and not have to rush) - bonus that of the 3 periods I was there for, it covered a lunch period AND the teacher's prep period! I basically got paid $16-17/hour to sit and play on my iPod for 1/3rd of my "shift". Can't complain! (There were some buttheads, but nothing too bad.) More (and better) substitute teacher hilarity can be found at ellemennoppee's blog. She works with elementary school, so her tales are infinitely more adorable and funny. I deal with surly teenagers most days. xD
  • I'm making a quick and easy spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight, which I'm sooooo looking forward to. I love me some spaghetti and meatballs! I got the idea to make easy "meatballs" by just squeezing the meat out of sausage and rolling it up in balls - the meat's already seasoned and mixed! Fry them for about 5 minutes, then let them simmer in your sauce on medium heat for about 7 minutes. NOM. That will make me have a happy tummy tonight. =D
Pretty blissful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment